Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cover Letters??!!?!?

The topic this week is interesting. Cover letters are something that I never thought about or understood to be of any importance. I am an education major, so I am not sure if this is necessary for my job, but the articles you assigned us to read made me think otherwise. The first article made the rest of the articles seem pointless and that the way people normally view their cover letter is completely wrong. I would think the cover letter would be used to give more insight into the person's life, what they can bring to the table at that company, and how useful they could be...but the article stated that people do not pay attention to the cover letter until after reading their resume, which better be an excellent one to get them to focus on their cover letter. I feel that, as an education major, a cover letter will be helpful for me to get a job because my resume my not be amazing, but I have alot of time and effort I can but into my classroom and the community.

No comments: