Sunday, February 3, 2008

Persuasive Letters

After reading the letter from Martin Luther King, I felt the argument and the stance he was taking with racial issues. There was no doubt he wanted the Clergymen to understand what his purpose was for being in Birmingham and how that was purpose was justified. While looking for articles that would persuade me to attend their company or school district, I found an article through google about "Hiring Teachers in New York's Public Schools: Can the Principle Make a Difference?" I know that I will not be teaching in New York, but this concept can have an influence on a teacher's decision on whether the principle is what they are wanting or needing to better their education career. If you do not have the support of the principle or the district, you may have a difficult time expressing your education goals or dreams for your students. This article describes the process taken for hiring, the data recieved for teachers being hired and their experiences with new and old principles. I know that one of the main things needed for district is the ability to provide materials and field trips for my students and be able to provide every opportunity for them.

No comments: